With the invasion of the cooler weather and the breaking out of the comfy winter clothing, I can't help but find myself excited about the upcoming holidays! I have always been a been a big fan of the holiday season, but this year is especially anticipated. I don't like to cook for a huge number of people, so maybe its the fact that both holiday meals will be provided elsewhere this year. Or maybe it's the fact that I have a tendency to go completely overboard in spoiling my kids for Christmas and this year I have TONS of ideas for both of them so that tradition will continue. Or maybe its my absolute love for fall colors and Christmas lights. Or could it be that the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special was always my favorite as a kid. Or perhaps its that the crisp autumn air has temporary frozen that part of my brain that remembers how stressful all the holiday hoopla can be. Who knows?
Regardless of the reason, it promises to be a season filled with loved ones. My aunt will have a house-full for Thanksgiving. This year, we will be starting our own traditional touch football game and are bound to continue with our traditional board games that require lots of shouting (in the past, these have included "Family Feud-DVD version" and "Taboo"). There will be so many kids there that we could start our own version of the Osmonds. Though it wouldn't be near as sweet and sugary, I believe. Maybe more like the Osbournes?
Christmas will bring together all those kids again, this time at my Dad and step-mom's place. Everyone is so excited to be joined by my in-laws again this year. It's a long trip for them, but hopefully the joy of the grandbabies will overshadow the numb butt of the car ride. Hopefully my dear sweet brother can find a way to join us this year as well. We sure do miss Uncle David in our house. He's our big teddy bear!
This season will also mark the end of my Dad's long and distinguished career as an attorney for the United State Air Force at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. I don't, however, expect that this will slow him down. I'm sure he'll jump straight from retirement into something else fulfilling.
Now if I just knew what to get for everyone for Christmas(except William and Evie, I've got them covered FOR SURE)! Oh, well, I love to shop for others, so something is bound to pop out at me sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. However, if you have suggetions for anyone I know, please share. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment