A dear old friend of mine is getting married in April! Okay, so it's not "technically" a marriage...it's a "civil union." What kind of crap is that? Seriously! I will NEVER understand why people have a problem with gay marriage. Though there is SO much I could say on the subject, when you boil it all down, what difference does it make to a person's life if Joe and Steve down the block get married? Would that change ANYTHING about how they live their own life on a daily basis? Besides that, last time I checked, we were all HUMAN (though at times I really wonder). Shouldn't human beings all be treated equally?
Can you tell this is a topic I feel strongly about? Okay, sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now. It's just that this person, my friend, is such an amazing human being. He lights up a room and his laughter is infectious (and for some reason, Leo DiCaprio has been reminding me of him lately?!? Sorry if that's offensive :). He's been through so much in his 30 years on this earth (I just realized that I've known him for half his life!), he DESERVES for the next 30 (and more!) to be filled with nothing but happiness. What right do others have to take any part of that away from him? Kudos to New Jersey for opening up enough to allow this to happen. I am so happy that my friend has found someone so special, that he is ready to make a life-long commitment, that he is happy. No one deserves it more.
I will do everything I can to make it to New Jersey this April.

1 comment:
Offensive to Chris or Leo?
Post a Comment