I'm a worrier. It's what I do. And I'm really good at it. But as of yesterday, I have one less thing to worry about!
I've always wondered how people do it...how do you have a child in a half-day kindergarten program in a time when both parents have to work or kids are coming from single-parent homes? I still wonder how people do it, but I don't have to worry any more about how WE will do it. It was just announced that, in our district, kindergarten will now be a full-day program!! William attended kindergarten in a different district that had a full-day K program and it worked out really well. He learned SO much more than I ever even thought possible, and was ahead of the game when 1st grade rolled around. Evie is actually excited to be going all day. She likes the idea of eating lunch at school, and having recess, and the possibility of seeing her big brother in the halls. I like the idea that daycare will be a thing of the past. It works out well for us...Daddy does drop off, Mommy off work in time for pick-up. The schedule works out great for us. I really enjoy having the extra time with them in the afternoons, and am forever grateful to my boss that he allows me to have the schedule I do.
All of this has really hit home for me that she will officially be a "big" kid. We have the school's home visit coming up next week (they come to the homes of all incoming kindergartners), her 5-yr. check up (including the dreaded shots!), her kindergarten screening and orientation, and before you know it, summer will be over and I will have 2 school-agers. Time flies. I'm not sure I'm ready for this. I guess that just gives me something new to worry about. :)

1 comment:
Yes, you're a worrier...and you're good at it!!! ;)
How awesome that it worked out so easily that Evie will be in all day kindergarten! I can't believe she's going to k! And little William will be a big 2nd grader! When did all this happen?! LOVE those kids! (and their mom, too, of course!) ;)
Post a Comment