Okay, so why all of the excitement over something that people change like they change underwear these days? Well, if you've seen my old phone, you know why. If not, allow me to elaborate...
When I started my job 2 1/2 years ago, I had my own (very old) phone. It started dying, wouldn't hold a charge, right about the same time my boss was firing our Operations Manager who had a company phone. He graciously gave me that phone, told me to ditch my old dying phone, and has been paying for my phone ever since. VERY appreciative, but the phone was, well, hideous. It was definitely a rugged, manly construction worker phone. It was big and bulky. And it wouldn't die...it was dropped, spilled on, even run over in the driveway (I'm not kidding), and the thing barely had a scratch. Wait, I think I've found a picture. This is what I've been carrying for 2 years now:

But now, just when I was about to take the plunge and purchase a replacement, my boss decides that he is changing cell phone service carriers and we all need new phones. Once again, he is more generous to me than I deserve. And now, no more manly phone!! And though most people have had camera phones for YEARS, this is my first. Here is my new, much cuter, phone:

I just got it this morning so I still have to play around with it and get used to it. Yea new phone!!

No comments:
Post a Comment