Evie and I are on our way in to school/work this morning. Since she has changed schools, she is about 4 minutes from work so she gets to join me for the entire commute. In the past, she and I have spent the drive just talking, but the girl LOVES music, so on Monday I asked her if she wanted to listen to a CD on the way in. The response was an enthusiastic, YES!!!! Followed by..."play the daughter song (In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride)", and "LOUDER!"
This morning we had on something a little more upbeat. I look in the rearview mirror and she is DANCING in her seat--shaking her head, flailing her arms, the whole bit. She is REALLY into the music when she stops suddenly, whips her head around in my direction, and says in her most demanding voice (that doesn't involve screaming anyway), "Mom, don't sing, we just dance and leave the singing to someone else, alright?"
3-yr-olds can be the best critics. Move over Simon Cowell!

1 comment:
I can TOTALLY see her doing that!!! You're raising a nut!!! (Well, look who's raising her!!) Luv ya both!! :)
Post a Comment