My kids are amazing. Yes, I'm biased. But I should be. I am their mother.
Sunday was a fairly stressful day with the kids. There was a lot of crying (huge tears), and whining (TONS of it!), and arguing with one another. By the end of it all, I was exhausted from trying everything in my power to both keep my patience AND help them have a better, more positive day. I guess kids are bound to have a bad day themselves every now and again.
Then this morning, Evie apologized in her own little way and it was music to my ears. At 5 o'clock this morning, she crawled into bed with me, kissed me on the cheek, and in her sweet, sleepy voice said, "I always love you, Mom." It took my breath away. Then we cuddled right back to sleep. I wish moments like that could last forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment