Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Can you say "tympanoplasty" boys and girls?

Friday is the big day. Yep, first day of spring break. And how am I letting my wonderful child start off his week of freedom from homework? By taking him in for surgery! Aren't I a great mom?!?!? We are actually paying someone to repair a hole that we originally paid him to put there in the first place. The irony of that has not escaped me.

I've never had surgery. This is William's third. That doesn't quite seem fair to him. I'm more nervous about this one than I was the previous two. Both for the surgery itself (which will take 4 times longer than the previous) and for the recovery (which is actually supposed to be easier than the last one, but I'm thinking long term here...what happens if he gets an ear infection in that ear and doesn't say anything about it until its too late--as usual?)

While her poor brother will be enduring this, Evie will be celebrating spring/Easter with her class...maybe she'll trade me places. I'm such a coward.

2 comments:

Ronda said...

PLEASE keep me posted about William's surgery!!!! Is there anything I can do? I'm off Friday!

Anonymous said...

You know that I am praying for William and for you. I know everything that has been going on with him has had you stressed. If you need anything this weekend to create a diversion....let me know. I love you both and will be thinking of you!