I think everyone has at least one. Those friends who come into your life so strong and make such an impact that your forever tied. They move away, or you move away, and you begin to talk and write less and less. But you never stop thinking about them, never stop caring. And when you do have time to talk, when the grind of daily life allows you to stop for just a moment, its as if time stood still. You pick up right where you left off. Once all the brief catching up is through and you really get into the heart of conversation, its as if those weeks/months/years since you last spoke were just a blink in time.
I'm fortunate to have several people in my life like this. Who know full well how quickly time passes and don't hold it against you. Who know that life is a two-way street and the phone lines work both ways so no one is completely to blame for the span of time between contacts. You know who you are, and I hope you know that I love you. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment