Thursday, May 29, 2008

She has a softer side...

I talk a lot about Evie's strong-will. And temper. She has a "mean face" that trumps any other I've seen before. She's a bull-head and damn sure of herself. The term "fiesty" has been used repeatedly to describe her.

I like it. I don't worry about her much. She is definitely capable of taking care of herself.

BUT, that girl has a sweet side, too. Upon cleaning her room and emptying her backpack, I often find little hand-written statements of "I love Mommy." In mass quantity. What a great feeling I get when I find those!

William had been home sick for 2 days. Yesterday, when she arrived home from school, she reached her little hand into her backpack and pulled out a folded paper with a big red heart on it and handed it to him. Inside, in the sweetest little kindergarten handwriting were the words, "I hope you feel better. From, Evie." I actually had to choke back a tear.

No comments: