Monday, June 23, 2008

I figured it out...

I now understand how to know when you are officially old. When I was younger, I would watch the Oscars retrospective of all the great celebrities that had died that year. I wouldn't know any of them. Well, maybe one or two who lost their lives too soon, too young.

Now it seems I know them all. It's so sad. Some of them are people I really admired, some who made me laugh (Harvey!), some who made me cry, and some who made me swoon. I don't know why I thought they'd live forever. Life has a funny way of making you face your own mortality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg feels that way about musicians too. He gets upset each time a legend dies and bemoans that he didn't get a chance to see them live. :)

I know how you feel though...Harvey Korman & George Carlin were both entertainers I loved when I was younger, and now they are both gone. :(