Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sorry...need to vent

Okay, so just before Christmas, my husband gets a package in the mail that includes a Christmas card and an invitation to a friend's wedding taking place in January. I noticed that my name was not on the wedding invitation, but didn't really think TOO much of it. Then I noticed that in the Christmas card, he asks about the kids...again no mention of me. No big deal, really. I think my response was actually something like, "Well, I guess I don't have to wonder about how he feels about ME."

I mentioned something about being left out of the card and invite to my MIL when she was here for Christmas when she asked if we were going to the wedding. I basically explained that I couldn't really understand why this guy dislikes me so much. For the last nine years, I've encouraged the hubby to "give him a call" for this or invite him to that, trying to encourage their friendship, not deter it.

But then, I heard from the hubby (who heard this from someone else) that its possible that he doesn't like me because he thinks I took advantage of my husband when I was staying at home with the kids. WHAT?!?! I was told that we were moving when I was 35 weeks pregnant with Evie. I had to quit my job, and couldn't look for work right away because NO ONE will hire a woman due to give birth in 5 weeks. Then, after she arrived, there were no jobs in the area that would pay me enough to put 2 small kids in daycare. I basically spent almost 3 years moving around the south on the whim of my husband's employer, trying to be supportive in places where I had no family, no friends, and basically no husband (he worked crazy hours so it seemed like he was never home). So it was me, a 4 year old, and a 2 year old--24/7. Though I ADORE my kids, I felt totally alone and completely trapped. How is taking care of these 2 precious wonders in this set of circumstances taking advantage of their dad??? It was never my choice alone, and my husband never complained. I think he actually prefered it that way.

So, anyway, here I am making sure that he knew that my husband (I didn't include myself in the RSVP either :) wouldn't be at the wedding, making sure that a wedding gift is purchased and a card is sent (I'll probably even have to pick it out because my requests for the hubby to do it have gone unanswered so far)...all for a man that doesn't even like me. I just love being the bad guy!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

hmmm...and that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that!! :)-