I had a very humbling experience last night. I went to Children's Hospital to see a friend and her son. Her infant child who has just been diagnosed with a fatal genetic mutation. He is three months old. He is not expected to live past the age of 2 or 3. With all of my being, I just cannot fathom what that must be like, to look in his beautiful face every day and know that those moments with him are so limited. My heart is breaking for her.
And once again, though I need little reminder of it, I am reminded of how truly fortunate I am. Take a moment to say a prayer for that sweet baby and his mother and to count your blessings.

1 comment:
I am feeling the same way and just cried upon getting home to my healthy children and thinking of her and that beautiful baby....
Grateful for every moment I ahve been blessed with and hoping that I have many more. Praying that God would give her a peace and a healing if that is His will.
Post a Comment