And now, whether by exposure or genes, my kids may have my illness. Their first obsession in the musical world...WICKED!! Now, first, I have to say that I always knew Evie was headed in this direction. That girl LOVES music, and dancing, and singing, and all things dramatic. But I never expected William to join the ranks. I couldn't be more wrong.
Can I just say that these kids even know what number the tracks are for their favorites?! I'm not even that good. As soon as we start heading for the car its, "Can we listen to Wicked?" "I want number 16, the scarecrow song." "No, I want #7--Popular." "How about #9, when they are friends and going to Emerald City." "NO!, #18, where they want to kill the witch." "But #4 is really my favorite. I like it when she calls her dad 'Popsicle.'"
Evie has even been known to walk through the house singing, "I hope you're happy! I hope you're happy now!"
It's so great!

So which musical is your favorite??

3 comments:
YAY FOR MUSICALLY INCLINED KIDS!!!!!!!!!! I love that musical as well.
My favorites probably aren't best suited for small children since I like dark musicals. But "Into the Woods", "Sweeney Todd" and most assuredly "Avenue Q" (which I'm sure you'd get a huge kick out of, but not around your kids...these are adult puppets!).
I've heard so much about Avenue Q but haven't seen that one yet. I think its coming to Cols. soon--might have to treat myself to some adult puppetry :)
Your kiddos are awesome!!! My fav is the old stand by...Phantom of the Opera. The MR has me hooked on Les Mis. I also LOVE Into the Woods - especially when I saw it performed her in Columbus-I'll never forget 2 of the leads - they're so hot!!!!! What year was that, anyway?
Post a Comment