Sunday, March 09, 2008

Snowed in

20 inches of snow in just over 24 hours! It's been pretty interesting to see it transpire over this weekend. Beautiful!

But of course, that means being stuck inside for the most part. And for once, I can't really complain about that. On a typical snow day, the sibling rivalry does not cease and more often than not, the two kiddos end up being separated...banished to separate areas of the house so that the air will be voided of the screetching and screaming for at least a small snippet of time. Today however, despite the lack of fresh air and mommy's insistance that the TV in this house does not need to run 24 hours a day, the kids are playing very nicely together. As evidenced by the entire Fisher Price Little People Village that has sprouted up in the formal living room this morning. Talk about building a civilization over night...you should see how good these Little People have it!

Their play has led to quite a few things that make me laugh out loud. I'm not even sure what they are playing right now, but I just heard William say, "You better back off before I make a jail cell your new home!" Where does he come up with these things? Its even cuter because he says "cell" like "sale." Hard to take him seriously when he sounds so adorable. He needs to work on his intimidation skills if law enforcement is in his future. Though I've already written about his stellar skills as a traffic cop.

It is now about 2 in the afternoon and peace continues to settle throughout the house. Earlier this morning, Evie had me wondering. She NEVER likes to be alone. Ever. But she was in her room, with the door shut, completely silent. I figured she was sneaking in some TV and decided to let it go because she typically does not leave my side. Ever. And much like me, she never stops talking. Ever. So I feel bad saying it, but I was enjoying the peace while she was away. She did come out of her room eventually, and the reason for the closed door and all the silence was clear the moment I saw her. She was all dolled up in a fancy dress from her closet, complete with full make-up, AND hair done up nicely with her streak-and-style!! It is several lovely shades now, including blue, white, pink, and purple. A punk rocker in formal dress with lipstick all over her face and bright blue eye shadow. Does it get any better? And if we had anywhere to be today, I'd let her go just like that. Because no one loves the attention she would draw from that spectacle more than Evie herself.

Well, they've resurfaced...William with a toy sword stuffed down the back of his shirt and fighting off invisible enemies with his laser, and Evie dancing ballet and making paper flowers (yes, they are still playing together, so I'm not sure how this all goes together!)...with requests for snacks to refuel their adventures. Until next time, may all your days be filled with this much imagination!

No comments: