Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Poll of Sorts...

If you could watch only one movie over and over, which movie would you choose? Why?

4 comments:

M. Christopher said...

I love and hate questions like this!!!! I love so many movies. And it depends on my mood for the day. Like if I were feeling silly, I'd say "Bubble Boy" (that movie makes me giggle like crazy)...or if I were feeling sentimental I would say "Steel Magnolias" (yeah, I'm gay, we get it)...wait, wait, wait - can a trilogy count as one movie? Okay, for me - "Lord of the Rings" (all three).


On a completely different note, have you heard about "Night of Too Many Stars" on Comedy Central - April 13? It's a comedy show to benefit autism!

C said...

I've heard about it, hosted by Jon Stewart! But thanks for thinking of us. They are filming live from the The Beacon Theatre right there in NYC! :)

April is Autism Awareness month so I am actually planning an entry about all the different activities going on that month where people can help contribute to the cause and/or help spread the word!

C said...

Oh, and as for the question...since the writers strike, TV pretty much, well, sucks...
So I've become obsessed with my Netflix subscription. And I'm looking for some REALLY good movies to put in the ol' DVD player after the kiddies are in bed and I'm doing other stuff.

Anonymous said...

I can't pick just one!!

I like comedies like Zoolander, Ghost World, Napolean Dynamite, Heathers, Spinal Tap, Dodgeball, & Monty Python movies.

Christopher Guest's movies are funny. I think you might like them. Best in Show is one.

I love, Love, LOVE Philip Seymour Hoffman and will see just about anything he's in.

I love Kevin Smith's movies. Clerks is a good place to start there and work forward. It introduces all his characters.

Boogie Nights is really intense but I love to watch it.

Oldies like Citizen Kane & Gone With The Wind.

The Color Purple too. Steel Magnolias. You've Got Mail.

I like documentaries too. I found one at the library about a tranny beauty pageant that was freakin' hilarious.

You can tell we have a lot of DVDs, huh? >:)

We use Netflix to catch up on all the cable TV shows we miss. We are addicted to The 4400 right now. We are on the last DVD and we'll have to wait until the next season is released to see it. It's on USA.

Have you tried the "Movies You'll Like" feature on Netflix where they will give you recommendations for movies as long as you've rated the ones you've rented or just rated ones you've seen. You might find some new ones that way.

TV shows...Sex & the City, X Files, we like a lot of them on Comedy Central too.