Saturday, March 22, 2008

One more reason to love Santa and the Easter Bunny...

Okay, so I know there are a lot of parents out there these days who have done away the whole Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy thing. I've heard MANY reasons, the 2 most popular being 1. that it takes away from the true meaning of the holidays, and 2. that it is flat out lying...which we tell our kids is so wrong to do. Well, call me a bad parent, but I just couldn't give up on 'em. I have some very magical memories of these mythical creatures from my childhood. They created a sense of excitement in me that has since been hard to find. And I'm selfish...I wanted to share that excitement again through them. So yes, we still faithfully believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny in our house, and the Tooth Fairy will be making her very first visit to Evie very soon.

But I've discovered another reason to love Santa and the Easter Bunny over my years as a parent. Christmas Eve and the night before Easter are the only two days each year that my kids are GUARANTEED to go to bed without a fight, without requests for food or water, without extra trips from their room for more hugs and kisses...without stalling! William has even requested to go to bed early this year. Yea, I gotta hand it to the ol' Easter Bunny and SC...best sleeping pills around!! Thank you, Easter Bunny! Bock, bock!

No comments: