Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve! I spent a quiet evening at home, playing Princess Monopoly with the kids and watching a movie, falling asleep just before midnight. Though I was quite aware of the 12 o'clock hour, thanks to some well-timed fireworks by the neighbors. I'm just glad the kids slept through the festivities.
2006 started out quite nice for us. We (meaning I) spent the weekend sorting through Evie's old toys and making sufficient space for the new ones that were still scattered about the livingroom from Christmas. (William's room is getting done tonight...it should be easy). Yesterday (the 2nd), we all spent a nice family day out and about. We started out the day having brunch at Bob Evans (ran into an old friend from high school who looks better now than she did then--I'm so jealous!), then headed out for the kids to spend Christmas gift certificates. William made a black bear dressed as Spider-man at Build-a-Bear, and Evie made a new doll named Mary at Friends-2B-Made. Then we went for ice cream and to see Chicken Little at the movie theatre. It has been a long time since all four of us have had the opportunity to spend a day like this together. I hope we don't have to wait so long to do it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment